Carrefour communautaire was officially established in October 2001. Today, Carrefour communautaire is led by a seven-member board of directors, and meeting community needs is what our organization is all about.
Carrefour communautaire instils a sense of belonging and functions as a network that fosters popular education and cooperative action. It is open to diversity and serves the community as a whole, without exception. Ours is an organization that conveys humane values, offers a warm welcome without discriminating, and treats everyone with respect and empathy.
Carrefour communautaire is much more than just a community kitchen. It is a space for raising awareness, where people are always at the heart of what we do.
Principles and values
- Social justice
- Promote community kitchens and provide training and popular education.
- Increase emotional, social, financial, and physical self-reliance among people in need.
- Foster the development of care to help people overcome food insecurity
- Respond to all food-related emergencies.
- Help start up and support community kitchens in the Nord-du-Québec region.
- Enable participants to develop a sense of belonging.
- Pool people’s skills and talents to improve their financial situation and enhance their quality of life and their family’s quality of life.
- Provide full-time and long-term access to adequate daily food quantities at a reasonable cost.
- Promote and support the services made available by Carrefour de la Soupe.
Member of the board
Papa Oumar Badji
Member of the work team
Soup kitchen manager
Make a donation
The Carrefour communautaire’s primary mission is to make our community food secure and to fight poverty. All donations of products and food items via the community fridge or directly to Carrefour employees during our opening hours are welcome. Monetary donations are also accepted.
All donations are fully redistributed or used to provide community services.